So tired .. but I will recapsulate in point form …
- thanks to Gerry Gionco for his kindness and generosity. He donated his 50/50 proceeds tonight to the Amanda Todd Legacy Fund. I saw all the great people I met two weeks ago at the Evander Holyfield event (and more).
- thanks to the couple who made the contribution to the AT Legacy at the event tonight. Made me feel fuzzies that so many people care.
- speaking at a Family Forum on mental health tomorrow afternoon and listening in on a discussion after it. Should be great.
- meet a great girl yesterday – GA. Thanks for coming all the way to listen to me speak at Heritage Woods.
- have to figure out how to use Skype on my PC. Better yet, where is my password.
- lawyers are expensive!!
- saw the articles about Facebook and their anti-bullying campaign since November 2012. Amanda’s name keeps coming up in the articles.
Unbelievably, I fell asleep while trying to post last night. Not sure if I have ever done that. Woke up this morning thinking about everyone who didn’t have anything to read during their morning coffee.
Today I spoke at a Parent Forum on mental health concerns. I told Amanda’s story once again. it’s funny that sometimes I get super emotional and sometimes not as much so. I think that when I have kleenex easily accessible to me, I am okay and when I don’t, then …. Today I didn’t. Luckily there was a whole bunch of moms there and there was indeed kleenex in purses. I talked more than my allotted 15 minutes. There is definitely a lot more to say to moms and dads. And also today, I was talking about both the bullying aspects of life in addition to the mental health issues that might arise. It is so concerning. I hate it!!! I was able to spend time talking to other moms who are worried about their own children who are experiencing mental health concerns. There are so many …
Pink Shirt Day is coming. Now that is a Canada thing. What is the date of Anti-Bullying Day? Is that the November date/week?
Would love to see dates listed for …. Mental Health day/week, Anti-bullying day/week and anything else that is related. Also, are these dates worldwide or country specific?
Did you know that March 2 is Self Injury Awareness Day? I didn’t even know that existed. I hear that here is a new trend for self harming. Has to do with salt and ice. Uggg…
I received a great email from the high school I spoke at the other day. The words were so warming to me – “My English classes today had a choice of assignments about a short story they read earlier this week, and at the last minute I threw in an optional topic about the Rainbow of Emotions week. A huge number of kids chose to write about yesterday’s assembly. Every single one spoke about the difference you made in the way they view the people in their lives, and the changes they already are making in the way they treat people. They were so touched. …. Yesterday alone, you made a significant difference in the lives of hundreds of people!”
I will end here and write more later… going out with my BBBB.